SANTA YNEZ, California
- type of listing
- style of listing
- year built
- living area
5 bed/5.2 bath
Situated on 116 acres, this contemporary estate designed by a leading Modernist architect is tucked away in the Santa Ynez Valley, close to Santa Barbara and only two hours from Los Angeles. Filled with natural light, windows frame spectacular views over oak-dotted hills, an olive orchard, and Mediterranean landscaping. The home features five bedrooms and five baths, guest quarters, and two half baths. The gourmet kitchen features a large cooking island, walk-in refrigerator, butler's pantry, eating area, and deck. Also on the main floor is a formal living and dining room, a family room, office, and library gallery along with two master bedrooms and another bedroom suite. On the lower level are guest quarters, two bedroom suites, an exercise room and a saltwater pool. The equestrian facilities include an eight-stall stable, a large hay barn and workshop, a manager's house, a track, and irrigated pastures. This property has the potential to become a wine estate.
Equestrian estate, saltwater pool, eight-stall stable, olive orchard, architecturally-significant.
WHAT MAKES THIS A BUNGALUX
Michael Palladino-designed estate
- • This house is designed by one of our favorite practicing architects, Michael Palladino, of Richard Meier and Associates. It's truly a treat to have a Palladino residence, because he designs very very few.
- • Santa Ynez is absolutely beautiful ... located close to Santa Barbara and about two hours from Los Angeles (no traffic ... two days away with traffic).
- • Look closely ... the house seems to sit within the hill. It was sited so incredibly perfectly and designed to disappear into the hills and landscape around it.
- • We love the interiors as well as the exterior. Everything is very sophisticated and goes perfectly with the natural landscape.
- • One of our favorite houses on the market right now.
For more information contact...
AGENT / FIRM
Carey Kendall, Village Properties