The Stanford White Mansion on Fifth
NEW YORK, New York
- type of listing
- style of listing
- year built
- living area
0 bed/0.0 bath
Unlike other mansions located on side streets, this house sits directly on Fifth Avenue, with all floors facing directly into Central Park. Perfectly positioned on today's Gold Coast, this is the only mansion available for sale with a Fifth Avenue address. Designed in the Italian Renaissance palazzo style, it is remarkable that the building still possesses all the interior detail placed there by Stanford White, true to the original floor plan. Encompassing approximately 15,225 total square feet on seven levels, this mansion is unique in possessing an incomparable historical and artistic provenance, one that can never be duplicated. It is truly a home for the ages.
If you have to ask about "other features" on this one, it's probably not the right property for you.
WHAT MAKES THIS A BUNGALUX
A historic masterpiece on Fifth Avenue
- • A History Lesson: This mansion was designed by Gilded Age architect Stanford White of the esteemed firm of McKim, Mead & White.
- • The firm was the architect of choice for the most glorious projects of the day: A redesign of The White House, Pennsylvania Station, the Metropolitan Club, and the Boston Public Library.
- • White's residential clients were the most prestigious families of the time - Villard, Vanderbilt, Whitney, Pulitzer - but his last designs were the Henry Cook house, 973 Fifth Avenue, and its neighbor, the Payne Whitney house, completed in 1902-1905.
- • White's patrons sought his taste not only in the architecture of their homes but also in choosing the furnishings, paneling, tapestries, art, landscaping and even the planning of the grand social events that would be held there.
- • Unlike other mansions, which sit on side streets, this one is the ONLY one to face Central Park on Fifth Avenue. It is the only NY mansion with a Fifth Avenue address.
LOCATIONNew York, New York
For more information contact...
AGENT / FIRM
Paula Del Nunzio, Brown Harris Stevens