Landmark North Shore Estate
LAKE FOREST, Illinois
- type of listing
- style of listing
- year built
- living area
6 bed/6.2 bath
Price Reduced by $750,000! David Adler's Italian Villa on the Lake with the most famous and grandest of Adler's lakefront gardens. Built for the Pike's. The Interior is simple and concise.The living room and dining room reflect Adler's symmetry. The Gallery is fifty feet long with Tuscan columns and feet foot ceilings. The Courtyard was paved w/variety of stones from the beachfront below. Walk-Out Basement 4979 sq. ft. PRICE REDUCED DOWN TO $5,590,000 (-$1,360,000)
5000 square foot walk-out basement, views, fireplaces, formal gardens, beachfront.
WHAT MAKES THIS A BUNGALUX
Spectacular, architecturally important villa and gardens by David Adler
- • This just may be our favorite house listed on Chicago's North Shore right now.
- • We'll give you a history lesson:
- • This house was designed by David Adler, one of the most famous and prolific Midwestern architects of the early/mid 20th-century. (He designed over 200 buildings ... Remember that the next time you're complaining about being overworked.)
- • Adler's sister was Frances Adler Elkins, who became one of the mid 20th-century's great interior decorators and often worked with her brother on residential projects.
- • This is one of Adler's most famous properties and his best-known formal gardens.
For more information contact...
AGENT / FIRM
Houda Chedid, Coldwell Banker