A. Quincy Jones Landmark
LOS ANGELES, California
- type of listing
- style of listing
- year built
- living area
4 bed/6.1 bath
A. Quincy Jones' finest work of art. Meticulous restoration of one of the city's most beautiful mid century classics. Magnificently set on a 3 + acre promontory with unobstructed city ocean views. Absolute privacy. Huge gravel motor court. Marvelous open floor plan with walls of glass. Perfect indoor outdoor lifestyle, ideal for entertaining. Separate guest house. Wonderful swimmers pool. Separate vineyards. Exceptional opportunity to acquire Bel Air's most exciting contemporary estate.
Pool, gardens, views, motor court, vineyards.
WHAT MAKES THIS A BUNGALUX
Stunning renovation of iconic architectural
- • A History Lesson:
- • Archibald Quincy Jones, FAIA (1913–1979) was a Los Angeles-based architect and educator known for innovative buildings in the modernist style and for urban planning that pioneered the use of greenbelts and green design.
- • Much of the work of A. Quincy Jones has been in the design of buildings for university campuses and office buildings. But he first gained recognition in residential work in the postwar era when the need for housing was acute.
- • While in private practice in Los Angeles from 1937, his houses set standards of excellence that affected all house design of the postwar period, especially the tract house, to which he was one of the few to give architectural consideration. A characteristic of these small houses was the simplified structural system which allowed for spatial diversity, in contrast to the usual static box.
- • Certain characteristics of Jones' large-scale work grew out of his solutions for residences, particularly in siting and in the development of flexible structural systems.
- • In his larger buildings, his experiments were aimed at the integration of mechanical systems in order to increase their efficiency and the building's retrievable space.
- • Jones was a professor of architecture at the University of Southern California from 1951-67.
For more information contact...
Inquire , Bungalux