Yield: Makes 2 1/2 cups
• 1 large egg white
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 1/2 cups raw pepitas (hulled green pumpkin seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg white until soft and foamy. In a small bowl mix together sugar, salt, chile, allspice, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Whisk sugar mixture into egg whites. Stir in pepitas until well coated.
3. Spread pepita mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and fragrant and seeds are almost completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool. Spiced pepitas may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.